Monday, February 19, 2007

Normal Service Resumed

The results are in, and surprise surprise, I'm not medically ill. The GP seemed more taken aback than me, I think I knew what he was going to say. Even so, it's very strange to see your hormone and enzyme levels written on a screen-you don't associate yourself with your insides. I have 14.0 units of T3 in my blood. Cool. I have 180g/l of haemoglobin. Kushdy. I won't get overly dramatic but it's like meeting a person who you've been talking to over the phone for years, but have never seen.
He suggested some multivitamins but frankly just knowing that I'm not officially ill makes me feel a bit better. My essay is due in on Thursday too so after that I'll be heading off home for a long weekend to catch up on some lazing.

"The longer I run, the smaller my problems become." That seems to be the new slogan for pushing jogging on the masses, and with plenty of problems to make smaller, I was easily enticed. I'm not a total beginner, I did a few months of running about 4 or 5 miles every day at 6th Form, but the trouble is, your body doesn't remember all the exercise you did in 2003. Thankfully I have a bit of humility so I quickly planned a short route of about one and a half miles (if that sounds like a piece of piss, try it). Drizzle is always good during a run, you get warm whatever the weather so it's good to have something to cool you down. At least for the first half I was enjoying it, but towards to end I was just a bit too achy and let's be honest, unfit to think about much else than the mild pain in my legs and throat. It'll get easier if I do it consistently, but I have a nasty habit of "running before I can walk" and planning a marathon training schedule after a mile jog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe...I'm picturing you jogging...

The Ante Poster said...

I run much more fluently when I don't have to keep control of an inflated pig's bladder with my feet, young Douglas.